Knee Pain can be severely debilitating, hampering that next City to Surf PB, or limiting your ability to walk to and from work. Knee pain can occur gradually with all weight bearing activities, however is much more frequent in runners where it accounts for 20-50% of all running related lower limb injuries1.
Knee pain can occur gradually as a result of inappropriate increases in exercise load (a rushed & sudden ‘ramp up’ in training volumes pre an event), or traumatically from impact, particularly from twisting or pivoting motions – generally with a fixed foot.
Our experienced physiotherapists at Evoker have a longstanding history in knee pain physiotherapy – no matter your chosen activity or level. All of our team here have actually experienced knee pain whilst running! There is no better training than to experience and treat the problem 1st hand. In addition to this, our team of physio’s have successfully treated many a weekend warrior, through to elite Rugby League players and Kona Ironman level triathletes.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS
Knee Pain is often reported by patients as:
- A localised tenderness or an indiscriminate deep ache
- Sharp and pinching pain
- feeling of clicking or locking
- sense of giving way or instability, a ‘wobbly’ knee
- ‘puffy’ knee – Swelling, which can be localised or global
People experiencing knee pain often have great difficulty:
- Sitting still for long periods of time – ‘movie goers knee’
- Getting out of a low chair
- Walking or running, especially down stairs or slopes
- Squatting or bending
- Changing direction, due to a sense of giving way or instability
- Jumping & hoping – Inability to complete regular weight bearing exercise.
TREATMENT OF KNEE PAIN AT EVOKER
At Evoker, having all experienced episodes of knee injuries ourselves and being active sporting participants, we understand your pain and are best equipped to assess, diagnose and treat your pain, returning you to your desired activity fitter and faster than ever before.
Whilst we excel in improving patient outcomes in the above mentioned ‘common conditions’, Physiotherapists at Evoker also have a special interest in assessing and treating those ‘hard to find’ injuries. We have a saying around here: ‘make sure you see the injury before it sees you!’ Book in for a knee pain physiotherapy session to heal yourself back to health.
Some of these ‘more obscure’ conditions include: